New York Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online Vampire: the Requiem 2E game set in the City of New York during the not-so-distant future.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Game Weather: Cold, wet, likely snow. With a wind chill, it can get very nippy.

Gaining and Atrophying Traits (Experience)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gaining and Atrophying Traits (Experience) Empty
PostSubject: Gaining and Atrophying Traits (Experience)   Gaining and Atrophying Traits (Experience) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:08 pm

WIP

Experience

I will award 1 EXP at the end of every game period.

I will award this experience after you answer a couple questions:

1. What was your favourite moment this game period?

This is an important question, because I want to do away with EXP. I want to focus on characters bettering their Traits within the context of the role-play. When this question is answered, I will ask players to roll a d10. The Difficulty of this roll will be equal to 5 + (the Trait's Current Level). Players may reduce the difficulty of this roll up to -2 by giving great explanations for their character's growth.

Success on this roll means the Trait is increased by 1 dot.

Failure on this roll means the Trait is unchanged.

Botching on this roll means the Trait is unchanged.

2. What do you think is your character's least practiced Trait?

The aim of this question is to find out what Trait has suffered atrophy and become weaker as a result. This is to reflect characters falling behind their studies and becoming weaker in Traits that are not practiced. Traits with no dots can not be chosen, because atrophy can not set in for things your character does not possess. When this question is answered, I will ask players to roll a d10. The difficulty of this roll will be equal to 3 + (the Trait's Current Level).

Success on this roll means the Trait is unchanged.

Failure on this roll means the Trait is decreased by 1 dot.

Botching on this roll means the Trait is decreased by 1 dot.
Back to top Go down
https://newyorkchronicle.rpg-board.net

Gaining and Atrophying Traits (Experience)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New York Chronicle :: The Game :: Character Creation :: House Rules-
Jump to: